Lucy's Revenge is a project in memory of Lucy Plunkett to raise funds for Alzheimer's research and support services while showcasing Mississippi's waterways. All donations go directly to the Mississippi Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.

Announcements

The Longest Day is June 20! We'll be putting in 50 miles in one day on the Pearl River.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thanks to Ashlee Clapper, Lynn Boykin and Girl Scout Troop 5375 for the Strong River of Memories.

I am incredibly behind on posting Trip Logs, and editing photos and video. I have recently downloaded some software for video editing. Provided I can figure that product out, I will have something more than the raw footage of some of the trips to post. At the very least I should be able to get some slideshows up soon. With respect to my Trip Logs; I have a few, but even the ones that are complete could use another edit.

Yes. I am behind schedule--story of my life!

Keith Plunkett and Ashlee Clapper
But, I had to take a time out here to say a big thanks to Lynn Boykin and her Girl Scout Troop 5375 for helping out with the project. Ashlee Clapper (I kept calling her Ashlee Cooper, Sorry Ashlee) is one of her girls who needed to put together a project for her Silver Award. I am extremely grateful that she picked Lucy's Revenge as her outside project. Ashlee managed to get the largest number of paddlers we have ever had for a paddle for her project called Strong River of Memories. Also participating were parents, siblings, and both the Development Director and Executive Director of the Mississippi Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.



Now that's a good looking group of paddlers!


It was a beautiful day, a beautiful river and a beautiful group.

More to come. . . eventually.

Thanks,
Keith.

1 comment:

  1. Keith: Just checked out your website again. It looks terrific. And what a great effort you have going in support of Alzheimer's research. Aunt Lucy would be proud and humbled by all the work in her memory and on behalf of all those live with this debilitating disease. Good on you, Keith.

    Bill Kirk
    http://www.billkirkwrites.com

    ReplyDelete